Thrive 06/ 3/ 2020
Difficult Conversations: Resources to help speak with your kids about racism
Knowing how to broach this topic with your children can be stressful. Below are a variety of resources to educate you and help you navigate these conversations.
Resources for Books:
- 31 Children’s books to support conversations on race, racism and resistance
- Coretta Scott King Book Award Winners: books for children and young adults
- Parenting Forward podcast episode ‘Five Pandemic Parenting Lessons with Cindy Wang Brandt’
- Fare of the Free Child podcast
- Safe Space Radio: Can We Talk: Talking to White Kids About Race & Racism
- PBS’s Teaching Your Child About Black History Month
- Your Kids Aren’t Too Young to Talk About Race: Resource Roundup from Pretty Good
- National Geographic: Talking to Kids about Race
- Parent Toolkit: How to Talk to Kids about Race and Racism
- The Conscious Kid – is focused on parenting and education through a critical race lens. Follow them on Instagram and consider signing up for their membership.